Thread: Very Lonely.
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 06:16 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I can relate to you so much. I am a stay at home mom and I have not had a running car in many months. It is starting to affect how I feel even though I have a great relationship with my hubby etc... And I have two goofy kids to keep me company all day.
So what I have done recently is got on facebook and met another mom in my neighborhood who is very social. lol. Not my typical type of friend but it has been so helpful. She actually likes to come over and hang out with her son and we have started going to church together because we both felt weird about going alone. If she wants to come pick me up to hang out I say yes even if I don't want to.
HUGS!!! It is easy to get into a lonely depressed mood if you are isolated. Reach out to family even if you feel like they wont want to hang out. Start talking about the lonely feelings.
I know this probably sounds upbeat but I really really have a hard time with being lonely it feels awful. I have started to feel uneducated and undeserving but I realized there are small things I can do about it. I bought some books to read for fun (divergent series) Great books!!! I am looking into starting some online classes and telling myself I am the only thing in my way from self improvement. It is hard to make myself be active or be social but it is getting easier.
I am on here a lot lately because I had a brain MRI that is suggesting MS. so I am trying to keep busy. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura13 View Post
I don't really even know how to go about this... I guess I'll jump right in.

I'm 28, have only a couple of friends. I don't really to get to see any of them in person anymore since my boyfriend and I had to move to a different city.

I'm Schizoaffective (on meds) and have back problems (2 surgeries so far), so it's really hard for me to get out of the house and meet new people. I love my boyfriend, but he's really busy with his new degree work, so I've got a lot of time to get through by myself. Not that I resent him, he's doing really well, and we do hang out.

I don't know... I'm just kind of lonely and don't know what to do. It seems like all my friends have lives, and I don't.

Thanks for reading, and if you have any advice, please feel free to give!