View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 07:20 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Having the computer or tv set it off sounds like epileptic events. You will probably have a emg and have the nerve and electrical responses tested.
I do wish you the best and I know it is easier said than done but try to avoid some things that set it off or get a screen to cover your computer and see if it helps?

I am not a dr. or anything just a medical nerd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitke View Post
Hello,

Thought I'd come on over here to see if anyone has suffered these symptoms.

Brief background, had a severe concussion from car accident last year, also physical injuries still in therapy for, neck and shoulder.

Since the accident I've had awful cognitive problems, about 5 months later started with episodes of not remembering what I had just done, for eg would walk a block and not remember doing it, opening cupboards and opening a bottle and suddenly realize I'd done it.

In December my brain felt like it "shifted" I felt sudden nausea and fear, my husband said I had a fixed stare, then my arms felt like they had electricity shooting down them and they were shaking, then 2 fingers started twitching then it all passed, lasted for a few minutes.

At the ER I suddenly could not write and I started shouting the same thing over and over like a robot, could not stop myself even though I knew it was me somehow, then I started coming out of it and felt clearer.

Dr thought maybe some kind of seizure or complex migraines so I am wondering if anyone with migraines has experienced these things?

Lights can set these episodes off, computer, TV and in stores.

Over the weekend I suddenly got the most severe headache and my head fell forward and my eyes closed, I wanted to shout out but couldn't, when I did manage to open them I was told I was staring weirdly, to me it felt like I couldn't break the stare for about 30 secs then went back to normal.

Don't always get headaches though, notice with the nicer weather I am getting them.

So frustrating but am seeing a neurologist next month.

sorry this is long, I'm worried, thank you for any advice.
summerjc07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (07-31-2014)