View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 08:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It's been a couple of weeks since my last update and since I have the morning to myself before I have to go to work I thought I would post another one.

This week has not been the best. Last Friday I had a bad flare up in my left arm...sort of came out of no where. Felt a little better Saturday morning but then I had to carry groceries in and I aggravated it. Sunday morning again it was feeling a little better but we went to my niece and nephew's birthday party. It was about 85 degrees outside in the sun but I wore jeans and a t-shirt because I don't really trust being outside with my legs exposed to wind and the elements. Around 4pm...the weather changed very suddenly and it got windy, cloudy, and the temps dropped down into the 60s. My jacket was in the car so I was exposed to that crazy weather and my arm flared up REAL bad after that. Sunday night was miserable for me and I had to be up at 4:30am on Monday for work. So I got up Monday morning and within 15 minutes of being up I fell 3 times...twice into furniture and once all the way to the floor. My balance is really bad, especially during flare ups, and I'm blaming the sudden change in weather for this one. My whole left side has been in a flare up since then (I didn't go into work on Monday but was back Tuesday and Wednesday). My balance has returned now to some semblance of "normal" and I am moving much better...but the pain is still awful.

Good news is that baby is fine and doing well. I managed to turn while I was falling so I landed on my butt/back instead of my front. Other than being a very active kicker this week...I haven't noticed any changes or bad effects from the fall. I'm assuming she's kicking more because I am resting more (I've read that the baby is lulled to sleep when you move around and is awake when you are still). Healthy baby is really all I care about...and her kicks have a calming affect on me.

I am feeling some of the normal aches and pains of pregnancy (which compared to the flare up I'm having right now are a piece of cake to deal with...more of an annoyance than anything).

My back has been bothering me at night when I try to sleep. During the day I wear a support belt and have ZERO back pain (best $15 I ever spent in my life)...but at night I've been tossing and turning because I can't seem to get comfortable with my back aches.

My feet hurt...who would have thought carrying an extra 12 pounds would make your feet hurt more? But I finally broke down and ordered some shoes that I have been eyeing online for about 2 years now. They're more expensive than what I like to spend but the bottom line is that all the shoes I have are at the end of their lifespan anyway (worn out, no padding left, etc). So I decided to just go for it. Ordered them Friday I think it was and they arrived Tuesday. Reviews on them were mixed between people who LOVED them and walked all over Europe in them comfortably and people who hated them for their lack of arch support, etc. Well...I know I've only worn then for a day but holy crow...they are AWESOME so far. VERY light, breathable, flexible, and very comfortable. Maybe it's just because I am comparing them to shoes that my boyfriend paid $7 for at Kmart that I have worn until they are practically disintegrated...lol...but these are totally amazing. I can't believe how lightweight they are and how comfy they are even the first day wearing them at work (where I am on my feet for a good portion of the day...though slightly less yesterday since I'm still dealing with the pain flare up). These haven't needed any breaking in to be comfortable so far and that is amazing to me. I guess you do sometimes get what you pay for. Anyway...the point being that my feet have hurt less since I got these and I hope that trend continues. The pain isn't RSD pain...it's more like my feet ACHE because of the pregnancy...but it's still a rather annoying thing to deal with because I felt like I was constantly kicking my shoes off, putting different ones on, etc just to get some relief. These new shoes...I am keeping my fingers crossed that they continue to feel this way the longer I have them. I'm going to Disney World in just over a month and to have comfy shoes would be amazing for the trip.

Besides those couple of things and the flare ups...I feel really amazing being pregnant and so very happy. Being happy really does make the other stuff easier to deal with. Monday was big old slap in the face from my RSD...but it only kept me down for a day. Tuesday was rough but just being able to go into work felt really good (it always feels like I'm winning the battle with the RSD when I am able to work and do stuff...even if it hurts).

Hope everyone is doing well!!
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (07-31-2014), fbodgrl (08-03-2014), Lottie (07-31-2014), visioniosiv (07-31-2014)