View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 10:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevo61 View Post
Recently get an update from rsdsa.org saying ,rsd is actually cause by autoimmune system attacking the body ,seriously ? I was so confused because pointed also is not cause by a trauma , I got injure and after came my rsd due to injury know means we all suffer from autoimmune system attacking us ,I really don't know why dr are wasting money on doing researches and not really working to find a way to treat rsd properly.
Jesika .gentle hugs
Yikes!

I don't believe the immune system is attacking the body; I think it's doing the best it can to help with what it's got left! I think excess oxygen free radicals are the cause - and as a result, the immune system calls in the cavalry 24/7. This means constant inflammation. After a while the immune system is totally exhausted, hypoxia sets in, capillaries and nerves are compressed from the constant inflammation (HERE COME THE PAIN SIGNALS), and the body splints itself the best it can to survive. There are too many oxygen free radicals for the immune system to handle, so it "quarantines" affected limbs and areas in an effort to mitigate the damage locally.

If it can't, physical spread occurs via a combination of the existing overflow of free radical circulation in the bloodstream, in addition to NEW free radicals generated from a NEW trauma site. That's why any new trauma can trigger spread -- It ain't via the sympathetic nervous system. The nervous system goes haywire as a RESULT of the inflammation caused by free radicals, not the other way around. Neither the immune system nor the central nervous system are "attacking" us. It just looks that way symptomatically.

So what the heck causes free radicals? They're caused by physical, mental, and spiritual stresses. ie diet, environment (including genetics so some of us are obviously predisposed), thoughts, emotions, and beliefs. Science has already proven the physical and mental connection to stress and disease. As to what the heck spiritual stress even is, that's totally individual and I'll leave that one out in the context of this forum.

Again, what do I know Just one person's beliefs based on my own experiences.

PS FREE RADICAL - just wanted to say it one more time
visioniosiv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burnbabyburn (07-31-2014), eevo61 (07-31-2014)