View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 11:30 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Quit Xanax Cold Turkey After 14 Years

Hello. I quit Xanax cold turkey one month ago after 14 years of usage. I took anywhere from 3 mg a day for years to just 1mg daily the last 7 years. I decided to quit because one day driving to work I realised I forgot to take the Xanax. I was feeling just fine until it dawn on me I had forgotten to take it and immediately your mind starts freaking out. This really angered me and so I decided enough was enough. I was tired of Xanax dictating my life and wanted to quit for good. One thing I must convey is that too many Xanax users have too much respect for the drug and this is why it is hard for them to quit. You must shift your mind set into respecting the power of ones mind over the drug. The first few days after quitting I experience an over all "flushed" feeling where as I just felt totatlly useless. Brain fog, depression, muscle spasms, agitation and insomia all appear. For three weeks these symptoms shift back and forth and you start to worry you will never be sane again. After three week, I started coming out of the hole and things really started looking good. Its been one month now and my mind is clearer than it has been in 15 years. I am much happier and have absolutely no problem associating with peers and being pro active. Having said this, I am how ever still experiencing severe upper leg ( thigh ) muscle spasms. They are unrelenting and have been active for days with out letting up. Cant sleep because of this and really driving me nuts,
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-29-2015)