View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 01:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi jazzbella,

Welcome to the forum! Darlene has given you some great advice. My Dr. offered to give me a VNS but I decided to have the main brain surgery and it did a great job reducing my sz. (seizures) and I don't have to worry about going back in to have more done like I would have if I had the vns put in because they need battery changes every now and then.
Just like Darlene the vitamin B12 does work really well for me also. Cut yourself back on carbs and starch foods and stay away from nutra sweet ex.diet soda it has been proven that nutra sweet can cause more electrical activity in a persons brain which in turn can trigger sz.
You may want to get a 2nd opinion about the business with non epileptic sz. the only time that happens is if someone purposely causes stress for themselves and in turn the stress effects the hormones and will trigger a sz. for that person. Years ago when I was a kid that's why my Dr. thought was going on with me but I later had a video e.e.g. done where the electrodes were put directly on my brain and they found scar tissue and lesions in the right temporal lobe that were to deep for a regular e.e.g. to show and this may be what's going on with you. Ask your Dr. to do a spect, and pet scan on you along with a wada test these tests are very detailed and will show a lot more of what's going on and what could be triggering the sz. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote