View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 05:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Vision

Thank you x 10. This was so well written and gave me a lot of food for thought. I appreciate everything you said and sharing your thoughts with the group. This is how we learn!!!!

Sorry about your RSD of course, (gentle hugs) as I am sorry about everyone who has to live with the monster.

Such a really good reply and useful post, thanks again!!!
B3
Quote:
Originally Posted by visioniosiv View Post
Hi B3 great article and I agree with its general premise. Thanks for posting this.

I am like you in that surgery is the only trigger I've experienced that results in RSD. The nervous system goes bonkers as a RESULT of autoimmune dysfunction. The question is: what's causing the dysfunction? That will be different for everyone but there are many many commonalities - we're all human right??

There are a couple reasons I see that surgery would be more of a trigger. 1) the specific nature of that trauma is invasive. Several levels of "cutting" - through skin, capillaries, nerve pathways, etc. 2) surgery is a result of a problem that ALREADY exists at that particular site, or else we would not be having it. 3) immobility of the site after surgery. 4) modern protocols such as icing that retard the healing process rather than assist it. 5) mental states of increased stress prior to and after the surgery. 6) surgical trauma results in mass production of free radicals flowing directly to the site as well as circulating body-wide. If the immune system is already overstressed, these cannot be neutralized.

There are more but those are the basics as I see it.

For those that experience RSD from other triggers, I would say that much depends on the vitality of the immune system as a whole. As we know, RSD "builds on itself" by the compounding nature of its symptoms. As you guys have stated, there are lots of connections between RSD and many other conditions.

And I agree - Torturing other living creatures in an effort to find a cure for ourselves does not help the overall state of the human race
Burnbabyburn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (07-31-2014), visioniosiv (08-01-2014)