View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 08:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Firedancer

I do understand what you are going through, and empathize with your situation. I have been where you are, mentally and physically and it is exhausting and brutal. I never went to the ER or had any immediate care for tough times over the last 25 yrs so I am short on advice. I suffered and suffer through too often and wish someone was there to offer me help and emergency relief. But I think the unfortunate reality is that doctors only have so many options at their fingertips. They try meds, or blocks or therapy or standard protocols and hope for the best.

It seems you are on a lot of meds already so I see why they may not want to add more to the cocktail. It could be they need to change what they give you, switch some things out/in. Have you considered calling a hotline just for emotional support? Do you do any spiritual or calming things to try and help your body ease up? Relaxtion, meditation, etc? I know it is not an answer or immediate pain reducer but it can help the mind. A little.

Distraction can be effective sometimes. I know no one understands and the docs don't seem to get it, but keep trying and advocating for yourself and your pain management. Know that there are always options or choices with care, and maybe you need a different approach.

Wish I had something better or useful to say. All I can say is sometimes when it seems we can't make it through one more day, we do, we find a way, we fight the demons, we bounce back and we get through, kicking and screaming. But my gut is telling me you could use some calm music, or meditation music, or a funny movie or something. It is hard when you are in 24/7 pain and it rules your life. But an ounce of laughter can take you a mile, and a good song, can change the mood if only for a moment.

I will say another prayer and keep you in my thoughts.
B3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer79 View Post
Thanks for the prayer, I could use it.
My neurologist diagnosed me with CRPS but says I need new pain management.
I saw my pain dr and although he has treated my pain for five years, he says he's not able to treat CRPS. He says I'm maxed out on meds he can do. He wants me referred somewhere else.
I take (1) 75mcg patch every three days, Norco (6) a day, meloxicam 15mg
Amitriptyline 25mg 1 at night and lyrica 2 75mg per day, zanaflex 4mg at bed

I'm in a state of physical and emotional crisis, but I can't go the ER.
They will treat me like a drug addict, no one understands

I'm really sad that when I've been told I have this life altering condition, all the doctors want to run away. Or pass me like a hot potato

Let me say this, I know I won't make it another year like this. I'm thin and weak, and this pain is WAY ABOVE what I could ever begin to tolerate.
Burnbabyburn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Angelina55 (08-05-2014), eevo61 (07-31-2014), visioniosiv (07-31-2014)