View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 12:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsthersDoll View Post

@Sarah - I'm really glad that the Dr. had time to sit down with you in order to explain to you that she believes that you really are in pain. I remember thinking that people wouldn't believe that I had a head injury within the first year after the MVA I was in - that they thought I was a malingerer. Maybe this kind of thinking is a part of having a head injury? I'm not sure...

Anyway, I remember that I had extreme pain literally in my head and that it also raised my BP a good deal. The pain meds I received intravenously in the ER helped reduce the pain and also lowered my BP. I was forced to visit the ER about 5-8 times in the first 6 months after the MVA I was in a little over 4 years ago.

My second neurologist finally discovered that I probably had an increase of intracranial pressure and the spinal tap they administered to measure the pressure inside my skull relieved me of the ongoing and ever-increasing pain.

I'm sorry that I can't remember all the details of your treatment, but have you been given a spinal tap? Sometimes an increase of intracranial pressure is too low to be seen on a CT scan or an MRI but it's still high enough to cause pain to the patient which is why they will measure the ICP with a spinal tap. If you haven't already had one, please ask your Dr. for one.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you! This is exactly what is happening to me... I have intracranial pressure.. I have not had the spinal tap yet.. They can see the pressure on the MRI and have talked about the spinal but have not done it yet...
The Start: MVA, t-boned, on 1-12-14 (my sons 5th birthday) and did not think anything of it.. my back hurt on site but everything else seemed ok. Lost about 10-12 hours from about 3 hours after the accident to the next day...Experienced terrible brain fog for over a month, plus intense headaches, nausea, dizziness, cognitive difficulties, disorientation, no short term memory, depression and just an overall hangover feeling daily.

Current Situation: I'm about 7 months in and my local neurologist has waived her white flag and therefore I am headed to Dallas to be seen (I have family there). The headaches are still daily. I have nausea, dizziness as well.

Drugs I have been on- Vicodin (off), Naproxen (off), proanolol (off), topamax (off), cataflam (off), Midrin (off), Flexeril (off) and now Namenda XR (off), Nortrptylin (off), Verapamil (off)

Therapy- Osteopath, Vestibular and balance therapy, fuzion/soft tissue massage, acupuncture

Drs- ER (no help), GP, Chiropractor, Neurologist and Osteopath
SarahSmile0205 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (08-01-2014)