View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 04:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Feeling VERY strange after Blood Patch

I'm looking for anyone that has had a Blood Patch done. I had a Lumbar Puncture done 10 days ago. The night after the puncture I ended up with a Spinal Headache. After waiting (flat on my back) for 72 hours I got a Blood Patch done. It took the Anesthesiologist about three tries to get the needle placement correct. I have a bunch of scabs (sorry that's gross) on my back to prove it. It has now been 1 week since the Blood Patch was done. I haven't had the headache since getting the patch but I've been very light headed and woozy feeling since having it done. But only when I'm sitting up or standing. The first few days after the patch I couldn't even sit up without getting terribly light headed and upon standing I felt drunk. Now, I can sit up more and feel okay more often than not. But once I stand up the woozy/light headed/drunk feeling starts to build the longer I'm on my feet and won't stop until I lay back on pillows. Either rather flat or just laying back on a stack of pillows in a reclining position.

Is this at all normal? I so want to get back to just feeling normal. And this has kept me in the bed for 10 days now. If I just understood what was going on..
SweetRain1215 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote