View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 05:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriLHF View Post
Hi All,

I am new here, just been diagnosed end of June/ beginning of July with CRPS in my right ankle after surgery May 20th. I think it started 9 days post-op with burning and electric shooting in 2 of my toes, but the surgeon told me that was normal post-op. Guess not!

Anyway...I would like to know if anyone has experience with Ketamine infusions...whether it be the 3-5 day process or the 1 day high dose process. Anyone gone thru the Ketamine coma process?

I use a 10% Ketamine topical lotion that helps out with my stiffness and pain when I use it morning & night, which is why I would like to pursue the Ketamine further.

I am also on :

Lyrica 300 mg a day
Topamax 75 mg a day
Lexapro 20 mg a day
Trazadone 37.5 mg a day
Vitamin D 1000 IU a day
Vitamin C 500 mg a day
Women's ALIVE energy multi vitamin & mineral

I am also looking at doing a sympathetic nerve block in the next week or so, since if I do anything with the Ketamine it will be off in the future.

The reason I am asking is two fold...I want to be fairly aggressive with CRPS because I have to have the same ligament repair/ bone spur/tendon tear/ganglion cyst surgery on the other ankle too and I would like to have a cardiac procedure done next year to close a small "hole"(PFO) in my heart.

The other reason is that I don't want to let the CRPS spread or get worse by not treating it. I do PT at home because I can't drive and my husband has to work...home PT is great, paraffin bath,movement therapy, marble therapy, warm compress...all leading up to weight bearing with a step or two if I feel I can do it that day, which I sure try! All listening to the birds singing outside. Helps with the depression.

If anyone has any suggestions on Ketamine or any herbals or rubs or any PT type moves or any happy thoughts to help with the fire burning from CRPS...feel free to post

Best to all... this is a difficult diagnosis to have for anyone, I am a active person...horse riding,showing,grooming,training,teaching...911 EMT 18+ yrs, long distance cyclist, master scuba diver, and photographer...all on hold for now.

Thank you,

Terri
Hi Terri,

It sounds like you are doing many good things to tame this thing early on. I found the Dutch research to be VERY beneficial in the early stage. (Mine was triggered by right ankle surgery, same as you.) I am now fully recovered. http://www.rsdcanada.org/parc/englis...derlaan.html#5

NAC is another potent free radical scavenger that I would recommend in advance of and after any upcoming additional surgery, should you choose to go that route. I also applied DMSO 50% to the effected area 3-5x daily.

Did a lot of at home PT as well, incorporating mirror and visualization therapy into much of it. If you're interested in throwing the kitchen sink at it, here are some more ideas: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread205597.html

All the best and you can beat this.
visioniosiv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (08-02-2014), TerriLHF (08-06-2014)