View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 11:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, I had different treatments,physicals therapy, lumbar blocks , acupuncture ,medications ,scs is the best still in my case option but unfortunately had a second surgery to repositioned the battery from buttock to abdomen,now works much better and also taking my medications ,but physical therapy is essential and that I can't do too much,my injure foot has not cardlige and I have bone to bone rubbing ,scs covers nerve pain but no bone pain, I was suggested few moth ago a second device but I'm not ready for more surgeries ,is really exhausting and recovery takes a while, after the repositioning I had so bad luck,I had a gallbladder surgery also in my abdomen and gosh I woke up with such of pain,lucky I was treated so well by both dr and anesthesiologist ,they avoided pain the most the could and follow up my case real closely to prevent any further pain,but another scs,I'm not sure.
That helped ,also tens unit,if you can have much relief with scs tens units Is a great option,acupuncture as well work for many,not of me I was in agony during each therapy and hated so much those ugly and useful needles .
I also find meditation to work during flares ,I listen to soft relaxin music ,tibetan singing bowls works for me and don't take my whole pain away but relaxes me.
All treatments are different for each patients and also we al manage pain in different ways, I'm by my own choice not taking any stronger pain killer but tramadol and meloxicam , other than that my meds are not really strong, we all also manage meds differently,I had allergic reactions to hydrocodone, so no NorCo or Vicodin for me, but I guess I'm more pain tolerant but doesn't mean I don't have pain,hell yes,and many bad weeks but I try my best to be positive and let is pass,don't battle it ,just let the flares pass.
I hope I answer your question and helps you a little,now I have one,why your scs was removed?
Gentle and soft hugs,if you have questions I'm here don't mind just ask,we are family and we try to help,with love Jesika .

eevo61 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote