Thread: new here
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 10:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

thanks Jesika - this is so useful. I'll talk to the optometrist about the rsd. thanks for the info about osteoporosis, i didnt know this was how they were connected. I thought something else happened with the bones from rsd. didn't know it was risk of dystrophy from lack of movement. motivating information.
I wish you less pain and more relief also!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevo61 View Post
Your questions are so valid and also scare at the time,when we deal with rsd, all seems to be related.
So far I learned the symphatetic nerve controls sweat glands,nerves,body temperature, weight , nails and hair growing , stomach, so if you think about it all is deleted to the whole system ,if one organ don't work well there is a chain of reactions, your memory ,your sight get affected as well, a good optometrist will consider to take a picture to compare with the future pics of how your eyes inside get affected,my did and I glad he listened and care about to keep a record for the future after all ,rsd is neurologic and the brain is mostly responsible for all the changes .
I did paid extra few dollars for the picture but i didn't mind because the dr did care and suggested is good idea to keep a record of everything by keeping pictures of any change we notice,is the best advice I had receive in a longtime .
Many organs for sure get affected with medications as well by rsd controlling certain nerves,some dr decided to do some symphatetic nerve blocks but I are invasive and many times don't last as long as we expect.
Also many people due to rsd are not able to move an specific limb as before and many develop osteosporosis which later can develop into osteoarthritis,your bones can get dystrophy due to the lack of movement what's why physical therapy is so important ,keep in movement as much as you tolerated without hurting you .
I hope still helps a little and also check in rsdsa.org for some updates, I wish all a weekend full of days of relief and less pain,with love Jesika .
Winter7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (08-03-2014)