Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

PCS make anxiety worse and makes anxiety easily triggered. Anxiety is a PCS symptom. It is due to the PCS brain struggling to ignore anxiety triggering stimuli. Much of the anxiety triggering stimuli is over-stimulation of visual, auditory and tactile senses. We need to learn to avoid these stimulations. We also need to learn to manage thought patterns.

One of the most important skills to learn is this; We need to accept where we are with our symptoms. We can not change them. We can only make them worse. When we learn to work with and manage our symptoms, our stress and anxiety levels will decrease. This usually helps us heal.

For some people, I think this forum is detrimental. It creates too much opportunity to constantly try to figure every little symptom out. That is an impossible task and causes anxiety.

Yes, you feel lousy. Yes, you want your old life back. No, nobody can tell you when that will happen. Nobody can tell you how much you will recover........ and on and on.

Those who do the best have learned to work with their symptoms rather than fight against them. Many of us have lived with these symptoms for years or even decades. There is life with prolonged PCS. It is much better when anxiety is controlled. It is miserable when anxiety rules our every minute.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
music-in-me (08-03-2014)