View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 12:59 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
If they are measuring plasma concentrations, the more plasma in a body, the lower the concentration for the same dose. Blood volume is directly proportional to weight.
That sounds right when you're considering the difference between a child and and adult, or even between a 5.3 woman and a 7.2 man, say.

However, if considering two adults of about the same height and build, where one is skinny and one is rotund, I don't see it.

Are you saying that if I, who weigh 140lb, were to put on another 140lbs, my plasma volume would double?

[edited to add that I sort of answered my own question in the next post.]

Quote:
All this data aside, what matters is how the person reacts to a specific dose of gabapentin. All the theory in the world will not over-rule how an individual responds.
Right, and not only, the data itself shows that response to this particular drug is highly individual -- response doesn't correlate to plasma concentration.
Quote:
If plasma concentration peaks at 3 hours, I must be responding to a lower concentration. Maybe the higher concentration achieved later is what helps me sleep so soundly.
Remember that 3 hours is the statistical mean. You might peak sooenr, and I might peak later.
Also remember that we can feel effects sooner than peak -- might be your case.

The helping to sleep is really individual. What helps whom depends a lot on why one is having difficulty sleeping. When I go to a sleep aid it's because I basically need a boulder dropped on my head.

take care

waves.

Last edited by waves; 08-03-2014 at 01:27 AM.
waves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote