Thread: Sugar flares
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 04:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Sugar flares

G'day everyone. I have been absent from forum for a while. I have been busy planning my wedding the last year. I was worried about having a flare up do to all the stress I was under around that time but the big day finally came and everything went smoothly.

I have been ok for most part but I have noticed that most antibiotics flare my SFPN and very recently very sweet desserts do too. Not normal foods or pasta and bread. Nor dark chocolate or biscuits. But sticky date pudding and caramel slices which are like nothing but pure evil sugar have caused a flare on at least 5 or 6 occasions. I have no known allergies and I have non diabetic SFPN. I am 5'6 and 63 kilos in pretty good shape exercising almost daily.

My PN was either caused by thyroid/metabolic derangement's or gastritis/h. Pylori infection 9 years ago. I am currently in remission from Graves hyperthyroid.

It's only been since last Xmas or so where heavy sugary sweets have caused flares. It started with Christmas pudding, and I thought it may have been the rum in the pudding?? Then I was advised that most alcohol gets burned off through cooking. I was always able to eat what I wanted to but now I am wondering if this sugar thing is an ominous sign that needs to be reported to neuro? Does it mean I may be becoming diabetic?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hugs,
Aussie

Last edited by Aussie99; 08-03-2014 at 05:14 AM.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote