View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 06:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Great stuff Icehouse. What a difference a day (at a time) makes eh... you know the song.

There are many routes to sobriety. I always cringe when I read the AA versus non-AA discussions: pick a way that appeals to you most and give it all you got. It's about getting sober, not about being right.

I have never gotten to the jail part, but "yet" is a big word when it comes to alcohol abuse. There are many bottoms under the bottom one thinks one reached. I got out before jail/DIY but I do have this PN to remind me... my company that I had to close down... and yes, it is still the best decision I ever took.

I'm in the process of writing a book that documents my stay in rehab. My addiction counselor likes what I'm writing and told me I should do lectures. She can introduce me into that circuit. Helping others (even if it's just a tiny bit) will help me too, so that's what will happen after I finish the book.

I took notes every evening there, and it's hard writing it down. It all comes back, and it's like staring into the abyss. How on earth did I get there!?! Well, I obviously did, me, Mr. Smartypants.

Anyway, this is not about me but about you. A big congrats on 3 years, a great example for the rest of us. Well done you!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (08-03-2014), kidwonder (08-08-2014), mrsD (08-03-2014), newstown (08-05-2014), PamelaJune (08-03-2014)