View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 11:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Steffi

I've not been dealing with the overt symptoms of this monster disease for as long as you, but your description of the "PEE ALERT" reminded me of what happened in the Dallas airport a year ago in February as my love and I were changing flights on the way to the Parkinson's Congress in Washington.

We were standing in the concourse trying to decide whether we should go to another level in order to catch a tram to the gate for our connecting flight. The "great urgency" struck me as I was standing waiting for her to return from a few steps away as she was asking directions from airport personnel. This was my first such emergency in such a public place. My reaction to the bearly controllable bladder contractions was to make a bee line for the nearby "loo" without letting her know what was happening. Unfortunately, she was some distance away and did not see my dash to the restroom. When I had taken care of "business" and returned to the crowded concourse, she was almost beside herself with fright and anger over my sudden disappearance. I felt really guilty and thoughtless that I had put her through that .

This painful experience caused us to be more mindful of the need for each of us to communicate, even in such sudden emergencies.

Robert
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote