View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 11:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My recovery has been extremely long and difficult. My motor function was affected severely (and that is probably least likely to recover), as well as mental ability, vision, and too many other important things to list in a moment.

I had posted extensive information over years on the old braintalk forums, but most of that was lost in the big crash. I was damaged subtly for a long while, and then when my motor function began to deteriorate fast I went to doctors. They fiddled around and allowed my central nervous system to continue damage for well over a year longer. By the time I was diagnosed every system had been affected to one degree or another.

I have seen people with very little damage repair and resume their old life within weeks. However, even those often take a few to many months. Plan on slow going, and if it is fast you will both be thrilled.

But those of us who had central nervous damage and were damaged much more severely get what we get, and the going is very slow. Lots of ups and downs, much weirdness, and no guarantee of recovery, although most people do recover at least some.

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote