View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 04:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Sitke, sorry not to reply sooner, you may remember I posted about remedial massage a couple of months ago as the next day after the first one I was in horrible pain. I realised that the pressure being used was to strong after the 2nd session and on 3rd I said to her please no pressure at all. I saw a different therapist last month and said no pressure again and it was better afterwards. My husband who suffers no pain had a massage at the same time and the therapist asked if the pressure was ok, he said yes and the next day he was aching all over, even to touch his shoulder/peck muscles hurt him. The only thing I can liken it to is when you are unfit and you use muscles you don't normally use they hurt the next few days, a massage can be like that, they stimulate the muscles and they hurt/ache dully the next few days. Nerve pain for me is not a generalised dull ache like muscle, it's firing and I can't find anywhere to put the limb, trying to find cool surfaces to lay it on and an overall sensation of extreme agitation. I'm not having anymore massage my insurance pays $28 and I pay $55 and I just can't afford it on top of medication etc. I find out this Thursday if I need another fusion, feeling very anxious and almost ill over it all.