View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Update . . .My niece was discharged on Monday and her sister-in-law drove her the 3 hours to Salt Lake City to be with the baby. Their 4-year boy stayed with some relatives and just joined his mom, dad, my sister, and other relatives in SLC. He finally got to meet his little brother yesterday. A social worker worked with him for a bit before he met him.

Anyhow, regarding the baby, they took out the breathing tube and he's breathing on his own. He is still on oxygen. He still has a feeding tube and is learning to use a bottle. He had an MRI done and they are waiting for the neurologist to review it and give a consult as there was a little spot on his brain. His chin was not fully developed and I'm not sure if he has any other defects but the ENT doctor is supposed to come do a consult as well. They should hear back this week regarding the genetic testing that they had done. I know at one point my sister mentioned that he had trouble with his range of motion in his limbs but I haven't gotten an update in regards to this. She did say that he is a little wiggle worm and that was a good sign. I'm not sure if he has put on any weight but he was a little over 4 pounds when he was born.

Please keep them all in your prayers. I'll keep you all updated.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
clarkstar (08-27-2014), Debbie D (08-04-2014), doydie (08-03-2014), ewizabeth (08-10-2014), LoveCats (08-05-2014), NurseNancy (08-04-2014), SallyC (08-03-2014), Starznight (08-05-2014)