View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 12:07 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
I have learned that complaining does not help. The computer does not transmit my struggles unless I post up about them. I know the limits of doctors and meds. I know that we are the most influential to our own recovery. Professionals can treat us with therapies but unless we do our part, those therapies will not be as effective as they can be.

The biggest challenge we face is accepting our current condition. When you have dug yourself into a hole, the first thing to do is Stop Digging. Living with unbridled anxiety is like continuing to dig the hole.

We need to measure our recovery discipline day to day or even hour to hour. We measure our recovery week to week or month to month.

Some of our symptoms and struggles will be prolonged or even permanent. But we can do many things to manage and moderate those symptoms.
As a general observation, I find that people with spiritual belief, like yourself, seem to cope better with TBI. Do you feel that your religious convictions play an important role? Faith, alas, is a gift - and I do not have it.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joe in LA (08-05-2014)