View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 08:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayshealth View Post
I have spent way too much time researching all of this, and w/this weird form of TOS I have, and all the crazy symptoms that come w/TOS, I have found one common denominator: circulation.

The blood isn't moving in the thoracic outlet, so it inhibits blood to other places. This is why people w/TOS often have issues like pirformisis (sp?), carpal tunnel, foot numbness, etc. Jaw and face pain is not something unrelated to TOS - it is CAUSED by it; same w/raised BP and heart rate. Obviously if your blood is not flowing through the thoracic outlet you will have venous hypertension. Also, if you read some of Dr. Collins's case studies, you'll see that he compares our circulation to a water hose, and if there is a kink in it, it will inevitably cause all sorts of problems throughout the body.

For you all that have migraines with your TOS, these are vascular migraines. It's because of your TOS that the blood is not getting where it needs to. And if you are having them post-TOS surgery, you need to see if your jugular veins are stenosed due to the scalene/SCM compression on them for so long. Read about CTOS/CTVNS - Dr. Noda for more info about this.

I really suggest the book Rise and Shine by Simon Lewis, it is about his horrific car accident, coma, etc, but...he had the rib removal done by Dr. Ahn and was diagnosed by Dr. Collins. There is lots of good info in the book, and FYI he too had migraines.

Just wanted to share some info and hopefully help someone!!!
How would upper body circulation inhibit circulation to the feet?
Do you have any links about this? Thanks...
abegins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote