View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 04:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When I read this I thought it was pretty dismissive. I certainly understand there's a strong connection between mind and body and pain. But I'm a biochemist and I also understand some of the things they find in this disease that no mind control can right.

I have about 10-15 lbs of inflammatory edema in my entire right leg and upper pelvic region and I'm quite thin otherwise. I've tried all the mind stuff, things I also did before I got this disease, and it won't go away. No doctor I've been to has suggested such a thing. Every single one has taken it quite seriously and approached it entirely from a medical standpoint. Three phase nuclear bone scan shows the bone in my right leg is being eaten away (calcium reabsorbed by my body) and is consistent with CRPS type I. Bisphosphonate infusions similar to those from the recent study in Italy everybody is touting helped reverse that. My mind couldn't do that.

I'm one of the rare CRPS victims that doesn't actually have severe pain but I have every other symptom along with POTS and a firm diagnosis. So for those who do have a lot of pain, I feel for you. Try these techniques and I hope they can help you some, but as a medical person there's no doubt in my mind there is a true physiologic process going on that your mind can't completely control no matter what this guy says. I'm glad it's helped some people but I don't think its the answer for everybody. JMHO.
cdwall is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (08-05-2014), Phaedra (08-05-2014)