View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 08:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
Just wanted to give a little update on the pregnancy (in a thread with a less negative title than "Terrible Day") and how it is/isn't affecting my RSD.

Unfortunately...I haven't experienced a full remission or anything like it. I knew there was an outside shot of remission in pregnancy but I wasn't counting on it. If I am honest though...I'm sort of grateful that I haven't experienced a full remission. It took a long time for me to learn all the coping techniques and to learn to just get used to this level of pain. If it suddenly went away and then came back full forced after the pregnancy was over...I don't know if I could cope with that. I mean...I know I COULD...I just don't know how long it would take for me to regain the function and everything afterwards and I will NEED to be functional to take care of the baby. So I am looking at this as a positive thing.

I do have to admit though that on a day to day, moment to moment basis...I feel better than I have in a long time. I still get flare ups and the pain is always worse at the end of the day...but I just don't feel as bad as normal. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones helping me out...or it could just be that I am so frigging happy and am distracted from the pain because I am always thinking about the baby...or a combination of both. But this is genuinely the best I have felt in years.

As for the pregnancy itself...it is going very well and very smoothly right now. At my 12 week ultrasound the baby was very active and moving around a lot. So far every test for problems has come back negative...and the baby is measuring exactly the size they are supposed to be. Me on the other hand...I'm HUGE already at 14 weeks. People seriously think I'm 5-6 months along because my belly has gotten so big already...but I'm happy about the big belly and proud of it. Makes everything feel so real and makes me even more excited. Sitting on the couch, rubbing my belly...best coping mechanism for the pain I've encountered yet because it just makes me so happy.

I will try to post updates about everything and any affects the pregnancy has on my RSD...mostly because I get so very frustrated at the very small amount of information out there about what it's like to be pregnant and have RSD. I know it will be different for everyone...and each pregnancy is different too...but SOME information is better than none, right?

Hope everyone is doing well.
Hi, Catra,

I haven't been on the site for a long time so I did not know about your
expecting a baby. I am so happy for you. God bless you and keep you
safe and happy.
Joydee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (08-05-2014), eevo61 (08-05-2014)