View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I used to watch the world news all the time. I don't any more. It is not healthy for me. There is nothing I can do to change what is happening in the middle east. Iraq has already taken my daughter from me. I hope someday to get her back. Her deployment has left her needing a very long healing process.

I have lived with PCS for almost 5 decades. I continue trying to do what I can for myself and those around me.

The current strife in the world is nothing compared to WWII. My mom lost her brother in that war. Many did.

But, life goes on whether we focus on the bad or the good. It is much easier to live without focusing on the bad.

If we are going to get better, we MUST avoid anxiety inducing behaviors. Plain and simple.

willgardner,

The brain does not regenerate brain cells like the rest of the body. If it did, we would lose all the learning of the past. It is sad you believe you are not built in a way that you can be a Christian. I sense a hopelessness in your comments about life.

I've been to Israel. What a beautiful country. The fact that it has survived over 2000 years of strife shows somebody powerful is in charge. Even Hamas complains that their rockets are redirected by the God of the Jews so they miss their intended targets. How have 5 million people fended off 50 million people who want them wiped off the face of the earth ?

I look at how the brain works and see divine design. Even when it is damaged, it follows a intricate design.

But that is my opinion/belief. It has benefited me for decades.

My best to you all.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
music-in-me (08-05-2014)