View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansfim View Post
Hi. I've been reading this thread for a few weeks for encouragement. Started most of the vitamin regime. B12, b6, omega 3, calcium w magnesium.

My concussion was about 9 weeks ago and has been a roller coaster. I really don't get any headaches, mainly it's anxiety. It's consumed my life. I can't stop thinking about what's wrong with me and looking for solutions.

Early I'm I was prescribed lorazepam and only took 2 tablets and I started seeing scary images and increased anxiety. A few weeks later I was feeling pretty good, back to sleeping through the night but then got an ear infection and put on amoxicillin. Since then the anxiety has been back. I was prescribed clonzepam, helped the first few times but then started making me fatigued and depressed. After a stressful night with no sleep I went off the clonzepam and asked to be put on an ssri. Started celexa on sat morning, felt great until yesterday and had my worst day/night yet.

I want to ditch all these prescriptions as me stressing over the side effects and long term effects is making it worse.

Wondering if anyone who posted last year can come back with a success story to give me hope.
I had TERRIBLE anxiety and panic attacks after the tbi. With the help of a great psychologist, I've been able to get things much more under control - without drugs.

My psychologist thinks I might have been able to cope, without the meds, because premorbid me was calm, to the point of comatose. Sometimes who we were before matters.

Still, if something super stressful happens in my life, I'm not ruling out needing a little chemical help.

Did you have anxiety issues prior to your injury?
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote