Thread: Dizziness
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 07:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
I get room spins. It's pretty wild - but saves me money on amusement rides. Kidding aside, is stinks.

There can be many causes ( Meniere's syndrome, Cervical vertigo, BPPV, Perilymph fistula, etc...) of dizziness following an mtbi. Pinpointing the causes(s), can help address the problem. I find good neck posture and rest help reduce my incidences.

How do you experience the dizziness? Do you have vertigo? Is it accompanied by headache? Do you have a full feeling in your ears? Does it happen if you move your neck in certain ways? Is it prompted by loud noises or nose blowing? Could it be a side effect of your medications? etc...
Something to research today Hockey...

The room spins... I had vertigo right after... went away for 2 months.. and then that stupid yoga class brought it all back...

I have had a headache everyday since January 12th... so yes...

No full feeling in my ears... not prompted by loud noises.

My neck moving does make it worse, however it does happen when I just move my eyes...
The Start: MVA, t-boned, on 1-12-14 (my sons 5th birthday) and did not think anything of it.. my back hurt on site but everything else seemed ok. Lost about 10-12 hours from about 3 hours after the accident to the next day...Experienced terrible brain fog for over a month, plus intense headaches, nausea, dizziness, cognitive difficulties, disorientation, no short term memory, depression and just an overall hangover feeling daily.

Current Situation: I'm about 7 months in and my local neurologist has waived her white flag and therefore I am headed to Dallas to be seen (I have family there). The headaches are still daily. I have nausea, dizziness as well.

Drugs I have been on- Vicodin (off), Naproxen (off), proanolol (off), topamax (off), cataflam (off), Midrin (off), Flexeril (off) and now Namenda XR (off), Nortrptylin (off), Verapamil (off)

Therapy- Osteopath, Vestibular and balance therapy, fuzion/soft tissue massage, acupuncture

Drs- ER (no help), GP, Chiropractor, Neurologist and Osteopath
SarahSmile0205 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote