Thread: Advice please
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Teacher1959,

The first thing that stands out for me is your fear of going to the dentist. This may indicate that you do not have routine preventive care which leads to a build up of bacteria below the gum line even in spite of being a thorough tooth brusher. All of which leads to having various problems with your teeth and gums. These dental problems can cause all sorts of acute or chronic symptoms that make it difficult to pinpoint the exact tooth or teeth that are causing the problem... simply because the problem is more generalized than not.

The sore, burning gums and inner cheek can be due to a build up of bacteria that is causing an inflammation process to occur which sends out signals (symptoms) that something is wrong. It could also be due to a nutrient deficiency, an allergy or sensitivity to a food, medication, toothpaste, mouthwash or other substance, a hormone imbalance, or a auto immune disorder.

So perhaps the first thing is to have a comprehensive dental examination and full mouth series of x-rays. See what that uncovers. Then see an allergist or dermatologist about allergy testing. Then have your hormones tested. The most comprehensive hormone testing is done via the saliva as this tests the unbound (circulating) hormones giving a more accurate account of where your deficiencies and imbalances are. ZRT lab, you can google them, perform this type of testing. Some compounding pharmacies also offer this type of testing to their customers.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher1959 View Post
Hi Im a brit living in Spain at the moment and would really appreciate some advice.
Just over a year ago I started having tooth pain, an upper right wisdom tooth, being me and scared of dentists I took painkillers and hoped. Obviously it didnt work, during this time I also had very sore burning gum pain\inner cheek\and the side of my tongue too... this was put down as a symptom of my bad tooth.But I did try to tell people I'd had the burning soreness on and off for years... just not that bad. I finally had it removed in France (we work through out Europe) it was a nightmare of pain and necrosis of the injection site.
However.... it did eventually clear up and things were fine again for around three months... when the burning soreness in my face started again.
To cut a long story short, Ive had CAT scans, two more teeth removed so I now have none at all in that side of my mouth, I endured horrific surgery just with injections to have a wisdom tooth that was impacted into the bone (completely laying down encapsulated by bone) removed and now again a few months later... Im having the pain again. Its not toothache, it never has been, its not neuralga its the whole inner side of my mouth burns and is sore enough to keep me awake at night, I can eat and press it as pressure doesnt cause any pain... paracetamol and such like has no effect at all... Im just so fed up with having all this treatment and still have the pain... ideas please...

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote