Old 08-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi dnd1980,

Your spouse should consult with an oral surgeon. They will take a panoramic radiograph which will show the mouth in its entirety as well as his sinus , etc. He may have a communication into his sinus which may be infected and inflamed. General dentists are not as knowledgeable with this sort of thing as an oral surgeon would be.

A waring about the long term us of ibuprofen. This medication is not intended to be used in high doses for long term. It can cause life threatening circuclatory problems with the heart and damage can occur in the stomach, kidneys and liver.

Also if he is a smoker.... he needs to seriously consider stopping. The toxic chemicals in cigarettes can prevent the surgery from healing properly. It can also cause or contribute to a sinus communication resulting in infection and pain.

I hope this information is helpful.
I will call to see if he can get a referral to an oral surgeon. We do not have insurance, so this was a sliding scale place. I'm hoping the antibiotics start working because he is not really able to function. He has had to call off from work.

Normally he doesn't take pain medicine but with the pain recently, he hasn't really had a choice. I warned him about the effects so he had stopped taking it for a week or so and tried Tylenol. Then it started getting worse so back to the ibuprofen and now stronger medicine.

He has never smoked, so that is not an issue at all.
dnd1980 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote