View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 01:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
When you sleep, do you dream?

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get your TBI. I got mine in a terrible car accident. I used to get very anxious when I spoke about my injury as it really awakened my PTSD over the crash. With better control over the PTSD, I can think about my TBI without becoming a shaking, stuttering mess.
Yes, I believe I do dream when I sleep but they aren't as vivid as they used to be. I used to be a very active dreamer, would fall into REM quickly and dream even if only napping for a half hour.

I was was drunk and tripped over something and hit my head on a rock. The actual accident doesn't cause me any stress, however the proceeding events caused a great deal. I did a list with my girlfriend last night of the stressful events that have taken place since the accident and it added up to 19! I was in the process of buying a house, had to cancel a non refundable vacation, my truck broke down 4 time, including the day I was moving and couldn't figure out the issue, among other smaller things.

There was a time about 3 weeks after I hit my head that I described myself as 98%, then anxiety REALLY started. I thought it was bad in the first 3 weeks, boy was I wrong. It's worse now.
mansfim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote