View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 06:08 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Form what I understand it is the process of elimination. If they didn't see anything else like lupus etc... you still have demyelination and that is treated with the same meds if you were MS or not. (not a dr though)
Some people only have one or two relapses their whole life. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones.

I am not yet diagnosed but I have several lesions in my brain and will be going to the ms center of atlanta soon for the LP and other tests. Other than double vision/head aches, I dont have any other clear symptoms yet. That I can't say are thyroid related or that I have to run to the bathroom when I sneeze because I had a 10.7 lb kid lol.

However, I will say trust your gut and ask questions at your next appt or make one so you can talk to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biddi4 View Post
Hi all,

Diagnosed a year ago and I'm still struggling with the feeling that maybe it's something else.

I have seen all my results, spinal tap: positive for O-bands, mri: lesions from c4-c6, etc but my progression has seemed very slow (thankfully), which makes me wonder.

So I'd love to hear from others who were walking pretty normally when symptoms began, to a point when it was CLEAR that things had changed.

I'm curious as to how it changed. Did the tingling change to numbness and then to weakness? Or were those symptoms seperate? What did it feel like physically?

It's funny, about two months ago I started getting a little more active on line. Really just two forums, but since then I have actually felt quite a change in my legs. Arms as well.

I'll leave it there for now. But ya, holler back.
summerjc07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote