View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 08:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerjc07 View Post
Form what I understand it is the process of elimination. If they didn't see anything else like lupus etc... you still have demyelination and that is treated with the same meds if you were MS or not. (not a dr though)
Some people only have one or two relapses their whole life. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones.

I am not yet diagnosed but I have several lesions in my brain and will be going to the ms center of atlanta soon for the LP and other tests. Other than double vision/head aches, I dont have any other clear symptoms yet. That I can't say are thyroid related or that I have to run to the bathroom when I sneeze because I had a 10.7 lb kid lol.

However, I will say trust your gut and ask questions at your next appt or make one so you can talk to them.
Thanks,

Guess I should make what I'm saying more clear:

Suddenly in March of '11 my entire right side seemed numb-ish, and tingly. My bp was very high, so off to the ER. All tests negative. No obvious stroke, etc. Did a few weeks of physical therapy just in case it was a tiny stroke.

I felt a little stronger, but the tingly/numb feeling stayed. So I tried to resume my life. All though I quit my job as a truck driver because my foot never felt right again.

Along with the numbness, I had incredible fatigue. HAD to nap about every six hours for a few weeks, then that seemed to improve slightly. So a year went by with every activity I did being limited by this fatigue and I noticed my right side actually feeling weaker. So I went to a neurologist and got a work up.

My exam was ok except for some pretty bad balance issues, hyperreflexia, and ankle clonus (sustained).

So All the usual blood tests were taken Lupus, Lyme, AIDS, etc. All neg. Then the spinal tap, which showed multiple oligoclonal bands. So, likely MS because the brain and spinal mri's were still negative. This was fall of '12. So that doc suggested copaxone. I simply could NOT give myself the shot, so I stopped it. Plus this doc said secondary progressive, which it's not really intended for anyway.

So, I still continued on assuming it was MS, but kind of wondering why I wasn't having any remittance, or worsening (to speak of). But through 2013, it was feeling more obvious that something was changing because my left foot was starting to feel like my right, and the right side continued to get weaker, so I went to an MS center in Ohio, and there they got a better MRI which did show lesions in my neck area, so with that and my presentation he went with ppms. (Currently both feet have numb patches, I am weak all over. Arms, legs, torso, etc. My head always feels like I have a hangover. Just fuzzy, thick. Like the beginning of a flu. Been like that since the start.)

So now, a year later, I am worse but not like some. I can walk, just if I do walk any distance, like through a grocery store or something my legs get super weak and wobbly. So I'm very limited in what I can do. I couldn't even go for a 3/4 mile walk without suffering for 3-4 days. But I begin to wonder if maybe I'm taking too much baclofen, or I actually am getting weaker. Also, in the past 2-3 weeks, my right arm feels like there is a sleeve over it, and it's getting weaker. I almost dropped a pot of hot noodles draining water out.

That's why I want to talk to other ppms'ers in depth about the worsening and what it actually feels like.
biddi4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (08-07-2014)