Old 08-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hello biddi4 and welcome to MSWorld

Quote:
this doc said secondary progressive
I'm not sure why you discount the diagnosis of SPMS and question having PPMS instead

The majority of those diagnosed with MS are usually Relapsing/Remitting overtime it is not unusual for a person with RRMS to transition to SPMS. It is possible for someone to go years in the RR stage without even knowing they have MS. By the time the person realizes something is wrong it's possible they have already transitioned to SP. Secondary Progressive is typically know for progression whether slow or fast.

Regardless of what "type" of MS someone may have we can all deal with some of the same difficulties with mobility, abnormal sensations and everything else MS is capable of.

Spinal cord lesions are well known for causing mobility problems. This happens in all types of MS.

I have had mobility problems from the beginning, at the age of 24. My biggest challenge with this disease has always been trying to maintain my mobility. That for me means, working with a Physical Therapist when needed and an on going exercise routine. This has been the case for 28 years

In any case, it can take sometimes years for a Neurologist to determine where a patient falls (RR, SP, PP).

I'm not sure I helped with your question or even made you feel any better but please keep asking questions
biddi4 (08-08-2014), Kitty (08-07-2014)