View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 02:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This is such a personal decision. My CRPS started when I was 25...it's been 5 years since then. I don't take any meds for the pain now...use things like TENS unit, tDCS, ultrasound heat therapy, hot baths with Epsom salts, etc to manage the pain. I work retail so I am on my feet all day and work 45-60 hours a week. I do need to use a walker...it helps with the pain relief, my balance, and gives me a place to sit whenever I need it.

For me...SCS is not an option I would consider. There is just too much risk involved. I experienced spread after a LSB and the pain went from just my left ankle through almost my whole body...my right leg and head are the only places spared (and it's not internal either). Invasive procedures...even mild ones like injections were then out for me (my decision...not the doctors).

I think you just need to make sure you understand all the risks and that you are prepared to accept the worst if it comes to that. For some...it is worth the risk. Some people experience great relief from the SCS...others get much worse. This is not a decision to be made out of desperation...it can have far too great an impact on your life for you to have any regrets about it later. I can't give a recommendation on what is best for you...we all have to make our own treatment decisions...just make sure you take the time to think it through and make a decision about what is best for YOU in the long run.

Take care and I hope you find some relief soon.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (08-08-2014)