View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 04:14 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Mark,

As I said before, I think Stanford's recommendations are rather naive and do not work for everyone.

The every other day dose is still at 40. At that point, your adrenals are not working well and you can have an adrenal crisis even on the alternating 30, 20, 10, or zero days.

Everyone is different and withdrawing from steroids is more of an art form. No one should strictly follow an algorithm! And staying in touch with the prescribing doctor is essential. You have to pay attention to even the subtlest of symptoms.

It's quite possible that an adrenal crisis might have precipitated an MG one.

I said this in your other post, but it's worth repeating here. Do not "go to the ER" if you are on the verge of a crisis. DIAL 911!

Please take it very easy. Stay the heck out of the heat. Do not become overheated for even a minute. If you do, have a handheld fan to cool you down or go stick your head in a freezer! Cool packs work well, but you have to cool down your entire body. Some of us take cold-ish showers.

I also hope you will follow up with a pulmonologist, not only a neurologist.

You really do need a responsive neuro, especially during a crisis or med taper/changes.

Has anyone told you to take calcium and vitamin D while on Pred? Any other advice, such as some sort of omega-3's while on it?

Keep resting and taking care of yourself. Don't overdo it! I'm glad you have a neuro who can take care of you.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Panorama (08-08-2014)