View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 09:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Thank you so much

I appreciate your kind reply...am in a state of shock this morning and looking forward to the MRI next week but won't have the follow-up doc appt. til Sept 9...haven't told fam. and friends as I'm not exactly sure what to tell them. I have been walking regularly each day since back surg July 2013 thankfully..so I am going to increase that now. My doc said many people dont take rx at first but I may want to try it within 5 years...no magic answers for any of us...just take each day as it comes and stay moving !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermathman View Post
Sorry to hear this news however on a positive note you have a long road to travel and who knows what may happen on your journey.

You should be able to look forward to a symptom honeymoon when your symptoms are almost fully controlled by your Meds and you have no side effects. This can last for varying times from person to person however this is your time to use. Get your finances in order for when you will need to give up work and get exercising so you are in better shape to manage your pd.

Pd is very person specific so this is the best generic advise I can give. The initial dx is a shocking and depressing time but remember you are at the stage we all wish we could be at.

This forum contains a wealth of information and you have made a good start in finding it.

Good luck,
Neil.
ElaineC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote