View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 01:03 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Don't be scared, I know it's easier said than done.

I had ACDF surgery 2 level, C4-5 and C5-6 in Dec 2011. I was in the hospital for only 23 hours with no complications. I was released to go back to work only 3 weeks after the surgery. My surgeon suggested I take a full 6 weeks to recover but since I'm the only one who supports me, I had to get back to work.
I should have taken the full 6 weeks because I wouldn't have had the pain that I did! However, I was off any meds at 3 weeks, didn't need them.

The recovery is not that bad though everyone heals differently. And the range of motion loss is not so bad, I hardly notice it.

Now I'm facing problems with the level above & below my fusion. It's showing on my MRI I just had. The funny (not ha ha funny) part is, when I got a 2nd opinion from a Ortho Dr before the surgery, he suggested I do all 4 levels. I ended up going with my Neuro Dr and only had the 2 levels done because of the range of motion I would loose. I now wish I would have done all 4 levels at the same time because now I need another surgery!

I just had a 4 level fusion in my lumbar and not doing well from that one so facing another surgery sucks for me right now.

Again, try not to be so scared, these are very common surgeries and you'll be surprised how quickly you'll recover! Just be sure to follow ALL your Dr.'s instructions, this is crucial for recovery.

Good luck & keep us posted on how your doing.
moonstar54 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote