View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 02:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks to all for your replies.

Snoopy, for 28 years with this symptom, have you been getting any kind of medication that helps with the symptoms other than possible MS meds?

I take Lyrica and Amitripthyline for "all over burning" but it does not help for the symptoms of constant vibration,
I was recently on a long flight overseas, and after about 12 hour flight time and in addition getting through 3 airports and a timezone difference of 6 hours, I could hardly "keep myself together" The vibration was present "BIG TIME"

Yes, it feels just like the vibrations from a cell phone. It do not come for seconds and than disappear, it is constant. And it becomes exaggerated during exhaustion and physical and mental tiredness. If I am on my feet for hours, I can feel it strongly. these symptoms have not been clearly tied to any diagnosis yet. Only that neuropathy neurologist said " you will have all kinds of strange symptoms with SFN " I have a lot of parasthesis in my arms.

Snoopy,

I have been diagnosed with " sensory motor poly neuropathy" by positive EMG and NCS as well as Small Fiber Neuropathy by a neurologist specializing in neuropathy. But the skin biopsy for SFN was negative at the first time.
And it is the SFN and Autonomic neuropathy that would cause these vibrations?
OR, can it be MS?
My local neurologist is handling my case, and knows me well. ( He did endovascular embolization of my cerebral aneurysm.}
He is planning to at this point do further testing due to my symptoms and the lesions on my brain.
I have a lot of balance problems, and have for the last few years developed some memory problems.

Have seen many neurologists in my search for answers, but the above 2 has been helping me.

Snoopy,
Is there a diagnostic test for these above mentioned symptoms?? Like a EMG and NCS for other than the extremities??
My spinal tap was negative for MS
I have had positive test for autonomic neuropathy with one outcome being
gastroparesis.
The Tilt table test was basically normal 1 year ago, but I wonder about having it repeated. I have bad orthostatic hypotension, and recently had a fall which resulted in a sprain, and pain. I was lucky to not have any fractures.

I am now awaiting MRI testing possibly head?brain and also spinal cord.
And then Evoked Potential.

I WOULD BR GLAD TO KNOW WHAT THE VIBRATIONS ARE. It could also be related to the constant burning?
I know this is not normal, and difficult to explain to people.
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Snoopy (08-10-2014)