View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 05:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
Nah, this is about US.
Well said! Loved the summary of your experiences, Icehouse. Congrats for the complete 180 and keep on truckin'!

A quick up update on my own progress, I rarely think about the days that have gone by without alcohol, it's just a norm now. Is it easier? No. Numbness surely is still the enemy. I go out here and there with friends to bars, and those nights are hard as well, having to explain myself all the time why I don't touch a single beer. All in all, I can't complain about my progress. Like many have said, it's a day at a time. I'm putting my mind and body where it should be for someone who's still in their 20s.

Newstown, but like Wide-o said, it's not a waste to have a blip as long as your honest with yourself. Your decision was a conscious one, unlike those nights in which we've all experienced of being unconscious with alcohol. We all have our own decisions to make in the end of the day, we're all here to just help encourage each other to make the best one. Be well everyone! Keep on keepin' on!
"Thanks for this!" says:
newstown (08-09-2014), PamelaJune (08-09-2014), Wide-O (08-09-2014)