Thread: MRI results
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 12:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blancaboo View Post
Impression: 1. Stable nonspecific white matter disease. 2. There is no evidence of abnormal enhancement to suggest metastatic disease.

I saw my neurologist today. He said there is nothing wrong with my nervous system so there was nothing he could do for me. He was ready to send me on my way. I asked him if I was just supposed to live with my symptoms which currently are imbalance, various tingling body parts, fatigue and no appetite. He then offered to refer me to UCSF. So that is my next step.
Hi Blancaboo,

I don't quite understand, I guess. The neurologist said "there is nothing wrong" with your nervous system, and yet the MRI shows "stable nonspecific white matter disease." That's "disease" they're talking about. The second part of the MRI impression just means that you probably don't have a metastatic cancer.

--Which is good news, of course, but the part about "white matter disease" is something you could ask about, maybe along the lines of: "Since you say there's nothing wrong with my nervous system, what does the MRI report mean when it mentions 'stable nonspecific white matter disease'?"

This seems like a reasonable question to me.

Good luck in your search for answers. Many here have been down the road you're traveling.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteopenia.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, 12/16/20 - 3/16/24
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blancaboo (08-11-2014), SallyC (08-09-2014)