View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 04:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It is true, Kidwonder, that I thought quite a lot about it when I decided to drink with some old (young at heart) friends I hadn't seen in years. I didn't feel bad at all about "losing a year" or anything along those lines. I reasoned that if I wasn't able to resume a very modest amount of social drinking (I wasn't) , I would simply get back on "the wagon." (I did). My main goal in it all is to arrest and reverse , if possible, the symptoms of PN associated with alcohol use and abuse, not to see how many days or years of total abstinence I can rack up, although I realize it all probably goes together for the vast majority of us. I am feeling great again and don't have any lasting regrets about my 'detour.'

On another note, I will point out that I have been taking methylcobalamine the last couple of months, and I don't know if it is a coincidence or all in my head, but this is the first real improvement in symptoms I have noticed in months. Kind of ironic that this would coincide, roughly, with my additional 'research' into drinking. But I share that for what it's worth in case anyone else was thinking of giving it a try. Who knows, maybe its doing something.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Wide-O (08-09-2014)