View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 12:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heb1212 View Post
My version. I see that as I write 6 people are viewing. I'll take any of your advice! My story began over three years ago with a BAD virus (parvo virus B19 of Fifth's Disease) followed by an ever increasing list of scary and bizarre symptoms that seem to be esclating even still. The body-wide pain is to the point that I feel it's not even within the human experience. I've had 8 surgeries in my 52 years and severe endometriosis and this doesn't even approach these experiences. It's CONSTANT, deep, stabbing, burning, tingling pain everywhere, even my head and face. I have been examined by many doctors and I don't have the tender points but regionally have the pain. Sometimes it seems muscular, but more times I can only describe it as PAIN. I also develped difficulty sleeping around this same time. I can NEVER all asleep without medication. Would any of you characterize your pain this way? It's not a patchy "spot" of burning or a pain syndrome that "flares" or "aches"... all words I've seen over and over again when researching fibro. It seems dramatic, but this is torturous. I can't tolerate Cymbalta or Lyrica... makes me nauseous on top over everything else. I'm on 1800 mg. Gabapentin and Tramadol as needed, daily. THANK YOU so much for your responses.
heb1212

My experience started with complications from 3 surgeries in 1 month & I tested positive with MRSA in the hospital (almost 300 miles from home) and then 6 weeks later was so fatigued went to the ER (at home), I tested positive with Mono.......my doc at home said that all the trauma from the surgeries, etc. likely triggered the Mono.....this was almost 4 years ago!

I still have many issues like you have , although I don't have stabbing pain.
Finally, my doc explained that it was likely symptoms of Fibro....he only prescribed Doluxetine. I researched Fibro & much of what I found was that it is best to find a very good Rheumatologist who diagnoses & treats Fibro.

I have just started with one who started me on low dose of Gababentin and I am to 2400mg now at night and I am sleeping much better....still wake up in pain especially if I have had a overly active & stressful day. Also, I take 60mg Duloxetine in the AM which is supposed to help with the Serotonin levels in your body....give you more pep during the day.

Fibro has been known to be triggered by trauma & viruses so I think the best route to take would be a Rheumotolgist.

Best wishes to you on your search for answers!

chloecasey

P.S. It was also suggested that I have Myofascial Release Therapy...I have just started that. It is a therapy that is done to release the Fascia.....I would research that also as it is hard for me to explain the whole concept.
chloecasey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote