View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasityHood View Post
Hi,
I have been taking Lyrica for about 14 months. My doctor is weaning off over a period of 4 weeks. How bad will the withdrawal symptoms be?
Hi Chastity, welcome.

The mantra here is, "Everyone is different." There's nothing to say that you'll experience any withdrawal symptoms, regardless of any past experiences with other (kinds of) medications. Some folks do experience some symptoms, and they're the folks who tend to post to forums—the worse their experiences/symptoms, the more they may need support, and the more they may (need to) post.

The concern is that by putting the cart before the horse—assuming it will be bad & asking how bad it will be—before you've begun tapering off, you may be psyching yourself into having a bad/worse experience than you would otherwise.

I think a more positive outlook—assuming it'll be no big deal unless & until—is a better way to go. If you experience some symptoms, or have some difficulty, folks will be here for you with some constructive suggestions.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote