View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Daniella:

Just got off the phone with Dr. Fred's office. The girl read me the numbers from the most recent blood test.

His new LYMPHOCYTES,ABSOLUTE number is 1373. A far cry from the 311 from the week before when he took the test with a fever of 101.5.

Then I had her read me the Triglycerides number.
The week before it was 198. She goes: "Wow, it's 332". I said "how can it be 332, he doesn't eat any beef or meat. She said "no, it's not from beef or meat, it's from carbs, it's bread, cereal and pasta and potatoes".

I said "really???, well he eats cereal for breakfast (and those muffins,those darn muffins, well no more muffins for him!!!!). He eats a sweet potato for supper with his fish or chicken.

Now how a person can go from 198 to 332 in 7 days, well, I have no clue. And I know if it was a source of concern, Dr. Fred would get in touch with Alan. He knows Alan's diet. He knows about the IVIG. Alan is on plavix and aspirin also.

Don't know if the infusions of antibodies could have any impact on a triglycerides reading. But to go from 198 to 332 in 7 days. Something is kaplooey here. Alan wanted an appointment to speak to Dr. Fred about this but the only opening is the day of his next infusion.

And tomorrow we go to Dr. Baird to see if he gets a foot operation.

My oh my, all this excitement. First his infusion is screwed up, then his takes a blood tests with a feverof 101.5. then all these nutty numbers. Well, as long as he's walking, talking and breathing, I'm not going to think about it.

He looks fine, feels fine (except for the PN, which drove him crazy last night because of the weather). I have diabetic neuropathy, and last night (because the weather was like it didn't know if it would pour or just drizzle and the humidity was horrible), my skin felt like ants were crawling all over it. I phoned my friend who is also diabetic and has neuropathy in her stomach and she said "Oh, I get that too when it's going to rain".

Now this morning, all that feeling subsided and it was pouring outside like you would not believe. Did that stop me??? Oh no, because I massaged Alan all night long, I couldn't bend my fingers, so I just took myself and my umbrella and went around the corner and had a nice Dunkin Donuts Breakfast.
Came back and Alan was just getting up and it was 10:30 am.. He had a good sleep because it finally rained really hard. Cleaned the air. It's amazing how a good hard rain makes the PN go away. At least for Alan and myself it does.

I gather this would affect many of you the same way, right??

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote