View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 10:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloecasey View Post
heb1212

My experience started with complications from 3 surgeries in 1 month & I tested positive with MRSA in the hospital (almost 300 miles from home) and then 6 weeks later was so fatigued went to the ER (at home), I tested positive with Mono.......my doc at home said that all the trauma from the surgeries, etc. likely triggered the Mono.....this was almost 4 years ago!

I still have many issues like you have , although I don't have stabbing pain.
Finally, my doc explained that it was likely symptoms of Fibro....he only prescribed Doluxetine. I researched Fibro & much of what I found was that it is best to find a very good Rheumatologist who diagnoses & treats Fibro.

I have just started with one who started me on low dose of Gababentin and I am to 2400mg now at night and I am sleeping much better....still wake up in pain especially if I have had a overly active & stressful day. Also, I take 60mg Duloxetine in the AM which is supposed to help with the Serotonin levels in your body....give you more pep during the day.

Fibro has been known to be triggered by trauma & viruses so I think the best route to take would be a Rheumotolgist.

Best wishes to you on your search for answers!

chloecasey

P.S. It was also suggested that I have Myofascial Release Therapy...I have just started that. It is a therapy that is done to release the Fascia.....I would research that also as it is hard for me to explain the whole concept.
Thanks so much for your reply! Life started to change completely within three months of the virus I had and has never stopped the downward trend. Then, last month I had an emergency gallbladder operation with complications and five days in the hospital. The pain was excrutiating. There's not a doubt that it exacerbated the overall pain syndrome I have. How do you explain to a doctor (or anyone) that I had gallbladder surgery but now my legs feel like they're being stabbed by a hundred pins? It all makes me seem crazy. Your experience with surgeries being your trigger makes it more reasonable that my surgery simply made my fibro worse. This is just miserable... sorry you're part of this most unfortunate "club!"
heb1212 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote