View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 12:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heb1212 View Post
Thanks so much for your reply! Life started to change completely within three months of the virus I had and has never stopped the downward trend. Then, last month I had an emergency gallbladder operation with complications and five days in the hospital. The pain was excrutiating. There's not a doubt that it exacerbated the overall pain syndrome I have. How do you explain to a doctor (or anyone) that I had gallbladder surgery but now my legs feel like they're being stabbed by a hundred pins? It all makes me seem crazy. Your experience with surgeries being your trigger makes it more reasonable that my surgery simply made my fibro worse. This is just miserable... sorry you're part of this most unfortunate "club!"
heb1212

Yes, your pain can be much worse after surgeries and I even found that over Xmas holiday I had Influenza A & I was a mess!!....hurt allover like I was hit by several trucks!! It does concern me of any type of medical procedure I may encounter at some point & how my body will react to it.

Stress was a big trigger a few weeks ago when I was late for my doctor's appointment....I drove myself (hubby drove the 1st time) was so embarrased & stressed.... well the next morning when I woke up I could tell how that stress can affect chronic pain!!

As it was explained to me people with Fibro experience pain in an amplified way due to how the pain receptors in the brain react.

You have to be an advocate for getting the answers.....eventually someone will listen.........you are not crazy, they are!! Going from doctor to doctor is not how we should be treated.

Keep us posted on your search

chloecasey
chloecasey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote