View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Melody, I'm sorry I missed this before..

I think you should know one basic fact, [it's printed in the prescription info] and that is IVIG does skew blood numbers in many ways. It depends on what other meds Alan is on really.
It is from all I've read and learned STANDARD PROTOCOL to take blood for testing right before IVIG not after...the day before or if in a doc's office or infusion clinic immediately before infusing. Testing regarding IVIG is usually to see how well the liver is coping with the strain of the extra Igg's into the system. Most folks cope well, very few do not.
I DO know that every single medication and supplement I take alters my normals in some category or the other....that's the price we pay to try and stay well, prevent issues or improve conditions. I don't think there is a drug maker, doctor, pharmacist or pharmacy/doctor who can put together or even KNOW all the pieces of what we: take, do, and are all together.. On the plus side, my numbers are mostly consistent...Consistency is a good thing.
I hope this helps in some way! I wrestle with myself trying to understand blood work and all it means! I am losing that fight -the understanding part that is, the more I learn, the more confused I get...My docs aren't worried about most of it -so I guess I'm OK.
For Alan, the re-test sounds like the absolute best thing to do! Dr. Fred is one of the good guys! - j

PS you beat me in your posting - those numbers sound a bit better...did someone do a typo or write something down wrong? Who knows or cares...Dr Fred isn't saying COME INTO the office NOW! So enjoy?
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote