View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Want to know what I think??

These doctors are so overworked and so overwhelmed, that only the most crazy blood test numbers, only the most noticable numbers, are immediately brought to their attention. I mean, where do these doctors get the time to breathe, what with office hours, hospital rounds, consultations, and then ....getting back to people with their blood tests results??? We are talking a lot of patients in the waiting room. Some wait 3 hours to get to see Dr. Fred (he does take time with each patient, so you get all the attention.

But it has to be really hard to please everybody. I mean, when we go and sit in the office waiting room, you have no idea how many people are on the line waiting to ask questions for the Doctors. Of course the doctors are with patients, and the staff behind the desk, well there are about 8 of them. And they are all busy. Answering the phones, making phone calls.

Just now when I was ending the conversation, I asked "would you please send me a copy of Alan's latest blood work, I keep a file", and she said "no problem, please send a stamped self addressed envelope requesting such". I said "no problem". Now if I lived around the corner, I'd just walk over there. But it's a bus ride to get there and it's pouring outside. So I just did the self addressed stamped envelope thing.

I wish they did e-mail. Now that would be a time saver.

I bet in 10 years, every doctor will be e-mailing their patiens all test results.

Anyway, I'm not worried about his numbers. I know that IVIG affects blood work. He's doing fine. That's all I care about.

Will update if he finds he needs a foot operation. Tomorrow we are off to Kings Plaza Foot Care to see the podiatrist.

bye for now. Hope you're feeling fine!!!

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote