Old 08-10-2014, 01:16 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Synnove,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synnove View Post
I am now awaiting MRI testing possibly head?brain and also spinal cord. And then Evoked Potential.
Testing, which can help support a diagnosis of MS, if positive is brain/spinal cord MRIs, EP and a Lumbar Puncture.

There is a criteria for diagnosing MS, The McDonald Criteria.

Quote:
to all of you above that replied, when you discussed these symptoms with your neurologist, did he/she say it was due to MS ?
In my case, the answer is yes.

Quote:
have you been getting any kind of medication that helps with the symptoms other than possible MS meds?
I have never used any of the MS treatments/Disease Modifying Drugs. I do not treat the sensory symptom of vibrations/buzzing. I realize mine is due to MS and that these sensations will not hurt me, so why treat with medications that can have worse side effects than the symptom

Over time I have learned I can and do ignore the vibrations/buzzing. Under certain circumstances this sensation will increase for me (when active, sick, a relapse, getting overheated and other reasons). When those "causes" for an increase decrease or goes away the vibration/buzzing goes back to what is normal for me.

I'm sure your other diagnoses complicate matters and I hope your Drs. can sort out your troubling symptoms.

Take care.
dmplaura (08-18-2014), SallyC (08-10-2014), Synnove (08-10-2014)